Man charged after police chase stolen tractor from Tilney St Lawrence to Wisbech before it was abandoned in Oakroyd Crescent
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged a 25-year-old man from Wisbech following an incident involving a tractor at the weekend.
Nathan Lovell, of Trinity Road was arrested in connection with the incident and taken to King’s Lynn Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He was subsequently charged with one count of theft of a motor vehicle, failing to stop and driving without insurance and has been remanded in custody to appear at Norwich Magistrate’s Court this morning, (Monday) via video link.
The tractor ended up in a dead end in Oakroyd Crescent at the bottom of De Havilland Road, Wisbech.
At least six cars and a force helicopter from the National Police Air Service were involved in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said the incident began at 7.55pm last night when they were called to a farm in Tilney St Lawrence.
(Our thanks to Louise Thrower, Ken Thomas, Andrew Taylor and Kaylee Chambers Robinson for taking our gallery of photographs and allowing us to use them)
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award