Man charged after police chase stolen tractor from Tilney St Lawrence to Wisbech before it was abandoned in Oakroyd Crescent
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged a 25-year-old man from Wisbech following an incident involving a tractor at the weekend.
Nathan Lovell, of Trinity Road was arrested in connection with the incident and taken to King’s Lynn Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He was subsequently charged with one count of theft of a motor vehicle, failing to stop and driving without insurance and has been remanded in custody to appear at Norwich Magistrate’s Court this morning, (Monday) via video link.
The tractor ended up in a dead end in Oakroyd Crescent at the bottom of De Havilland Road, Wisbech.
At least six cars and a force helicopter from the National Police Air Service were involved in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said the incident began at 7.55pm last night when they were called to a farm in Tilney St Lawrence.
(Our thanks to Louise Thrower, Ken Thomas, Andrew Taylor and Kaylee Chambers Robinson for taking our gallery of photographs and allowing us to use them)
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer