Man charged after police chase stolen tractor from Tilney St Lawrence to Wisbech before it was abandoned in Oakroyd Crescent
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged a 25-year-old man from Wisbech following an incident involving a tractor at the weekend.
Nathan Lovell, of Trinity Road was arrested in connection with the incident and taken to King’s Lynn Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He was subsequently charged with one count of theft of a motor vehicle, failing to stop and driving without insurance and has been remanded in custody to appear at Norwich Magistrate’s Court this morning, (Monday) via video link.
The tractor ended up in a dead end in Oakroyd Crescent at the bottom of De Havilland Road, Wisbech.
At least six cars and a force helicopter from the National Police Air Service were involved in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said the incident began at 7.55pm last night when they were called to a farm in Tilney St Lawrence.
(Our thanks to Louise Thrower, Ken Thomas, Andrew Taylor and Kaylee Chambers Robinson for taking our gallery of photographs and allowing us to use them)
- 1 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 2 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 3 Three people - including two teens - injured in shotgun attack
- 4 WATCH: Lorry driver wins luxury car and cash in prize worth £180,000
- 5 Eight ships arrive at Port of Wisbech for third month in a row
- 6 Cup no match for high-flying Swifts as promotion bid stalls
- 7 Man in 60s dies after sports car crashes into archway
- 8 New barriers at Welney Wash delayed until summer 2022
- 9 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 10 Knife wielding 'violent shoplifter' arrested at B&M