Man, 21, who was ‘acting suspiciously’ in Wisbech caught in drugs arrest
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old man was arrested in Wisbech yesterday (Thursday, April 9) on suspicion of being in possession of drugs with intent to supply.
Neighbourhood officers and PCSOs were patrolling in and around the town to reinforce the Government’s ‘stay at home’ message before finding the man acting suspiciously in an alleyway.
Writing on the Policing Fenland Facebook page, a spokesperson said: “Just before finishing our shift a 21-year-old male was found acting suspiciously in a town centre alleyway.
“A search under section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act recovered a quantity of drugs and cash. The male was arrested for being found in possession of a class B drug with intent to supply.”
The spokesperson added: “The male was taken to the police investigation centre at King’s Lynn where our investigation continues.”
You may also want to watch:
Police officers also said they will be continuing their patrols throughout the Easter weekend and beyond while the coronavirus lockdown continues.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis