Man, 21, who was ‘acting suspiciously’ in Wisbech caught in drugs arrest
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old man was arrested in Wisbech yesterday (Thursday, April 9) on suspicion of being in possession of drugs with intent to supply.
Neighbourhood officers and PCSOs were patrolling in and around the town to reinforce the Government’s ‘stay at home’ message before finding the man acting suspiciously in an alleyway.
Writing on the Policing Fenland Facebook page, a spokesperson said: “Just before finishing our shift a 21-year-old male was found acting suspiciously in a town centre alleyway.
“A search under section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act recovered a quantity of drugs and cash. The male was arrested for being found in possession of a class B drug with intent to supply.”
The spokesperson added: “The male was taken to the police investigation centre at King’s Lynn where our investigation continues.”
You may also want to watch:
Police officers also said they will be continuing their patrols throughout the Easter weekend and beyond while the coronavirus lockdown continues.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter