Man assaulted by gang while walking home from Wisbech nightclub on New Year’s Day
A MAN was repeatedly punched in the face shortly after leaving a Wisbech nightclub on New Year’s Day.
The victim, a 20-year-old man from Wisbech, was in Chase Street just after 2am - walking home from Spice Nightclub - when the suspects approached him.
He was punched in the face several times and then hit again while he was on the ground.
The victim was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn, where he was treated for minor injuries.
It is not known how many attackers there were but they were believed to be white.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Nigel Coppin, launching an appeal for witnesses, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw what happened to contact police.
“We are checking all available CCTV, but if anyone was in the area they may have vital information to assist our investigation.”
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
CONTACT: Det Con Coppin on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.