Man assaulted by gang while walking home from Wisbech nightclub on New Year’s Day
A MAN was repeatedly punched in the face shortly after leaving a Wisbech nightclub on New Year’s Day.
The victim, a 20-year-old man from Wisbech, was in Chase Street just after 2am - walking home from Spice Nightclub - when the suspects approached him.
He was punched in the face several times and then hit again while he was on the ground.
The victim was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn, where he was treated for minor injuries.
It is not known how many attackers there were but they were believed to be white.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Nigel Coppin, launching an appeal for witnesses, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw what happened to contact police.
“We are checking all available CCTV, but if anyone was in the area they may have vital information to assist our investigation.”
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 10 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
CONTACT: Det Con Coppin on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.