Man assaulted by gang while walking home from Wisbech nightclub on New Year’s Day
A MAN was repeatedly punched in the face shortly after leaving a Wisbech nightclub on New Year’s Day.
The victim, a 20-year-old man from Wisbech, was in Chase Street just after 2am - walking home from Spice Nightclub - when the suspects approached him.
He was punched in the face several times and then hit again while he was on the ground.
The victim was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn, where he was treated for minor injuries.
It is not known how many attackers there were but they were believed to be white.
Det Con Nigel Coppin, launching an appeal for witnesses, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw what happened to contact police.
“We are checking all available CCTV, but if anyone was in the area they may have vital information to assist our investigation.”
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 3 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 7 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 8 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 9 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 10 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
CONTACT: Det Con Coppin on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.