Man assaulted by gang while walking home from Wisbech nightclub on New Year’s Day
A MAN was repeatedly punched in the face shortly after leaving a Wisbech nightclub on New Year’s Day.
The victim, a 20-year-old man from Wisbech, was in Chase Street just after 2am - walking home from Spice Nightclub - when the suspects approached him.
He was punched in the face several times and then hit again while he was on the ground.
The victim was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn, where he was treated for minor injuries.
It is not known how many attackers there were but they were believed to be white.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Nigel Coppin, launching an appeal for witnesses, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw what happened to contact police.
“We are checking all available CCTV, but if anyone was in the area they may have vital information to assist our investigation.”
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Hammers and knives, drug driving and Covid-19 breaches lead to arrests
- 8 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
CONTACT: Det Con Coppin on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.