Man assaulted by gang while walking home from Wisbech nightclub on New Year’s Day
A MAN was repeatedly punched in the face shortly after leaving a Wisbech nightclub on New Year’s Day.
The victim, a 20-year-old man from Wisbech, was in Chase Street just after 2am - walking home from Spice Nightclub - when the suspects approached him.
He was punched in the face several times and then hit again while he was on the ground.
The victim was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn, where he was treated for minor injuries.
It is not known how many attackers there were but they were believed to be white.
Det Con Nigel Coppin, launching an appeal for witnesses, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw what happened to contact police.
“We are checking all available CCTV, but if anyone was in the area they may have vital information to assist our investigation.”
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Elderly man scares off would-be burglar
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 7 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 8 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 9 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 10 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
CONTACT: Det Con Coppin on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.