Man assaulted and racially abused in Wisbech street after snowball fight
A MAN was head butted and racially abused after a snowball fight in Wisbech.
A group of men and children had thrown snowballs at the victim’s car as he drove along Southwell Road between 6.30pm and 7pm last Monday (November 29).
They continued when the 46-year-old victim got out of his car. He challenged one of the children and threw a snowball back, but hem was then grabbed by one of the men who head-butted him.
The victim was also racially abused during the incident.
Police have appealed for witnesses. Det Con Kayleigh O’Brien said: “This was an unprovoked attack following what appears to have started as a light-hearted snowball fight.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim was racially abused and assaulted. I would appeal to anyone who saw what happened or who knows who is responsible to contact police.”
CONTACT: Det Con O’Brien on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 10 How was conman hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked?