Man assaulted and racially abused in Wisbech street after snowball fight
A MAN was head butted and racially abused after a snowball fight in Wisbech.
A group of men and children had thrown snowballs at the victim’s car as he drove along Southwell Road between 6.30pm and 7pm last Monday (November 29).
They continued when the 46-year-old victim got out of his car. He challenged one of the children and threw a snowball back, but hem was then grabbed by one of the men who head-butted him.
The victim was also racially abused during the incident.
Police have appealed for witnesses. Det Con Kayleigh O’Brien said: “This was an unprovoked attack following what appears to have started as a light-hearted snowball fight.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim was racially abused and assaulted. I would appeal to anyone who saw what happened or who knows who is responsible to contact police.”
CONTACT: Det Con O’Brien on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 7 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 8 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 9 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 10 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire