Man assaulted and racially abused in Wisbech street after snowball fight
A MAN was head butted and racially abused after a snowball fight in Wisbech.
A group of men and children had thrown snowballs at the victim’s car as he drove along Southwell Road between 6.30pm and 7pm last Monday (November 29).
They continued when the 46-year-old victim got out of his car. He challenged one of the children and threw a snowball back, but hem was then grabbed by one of the men who head-butted him.
The victim was also racially abused during the incident.
Police have appealed for witnesses. Det Con Kayleigh O’Brien said: “This was an unprovoked attack following what appears to have started as a light-hearted snowball fight.
“The victim was racially abused and assaulted. I would appeal to anyone who saw what happened or who knows who is responsible to contact police.”
CONTACT: Det Con O’Brien on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 4 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 7 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 8 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 9 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire