Man arrested on suspicion of assault after allegedly grabbing pregnant woman by throat
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old man from Wisbech was arrested on suspicion of common assault yesterday after allegedly grabbing a pregnant woman by the throat.
Terri Harris, who is 21 weeks pregnant, was walking through town with her friend Sarah-Jane Brown and her partner Liam Thrower, 21, when the incident happened.
A police spokesman said: “We were called to Market Place, Wisbech on March 28 at 7pm with reports of an assault on a female.”
Miss Harris, 26, of Wisbech, posted on social media: “Just to make people aware, tonight, walking through town with a friend and my family partner we had a foreign fella look my friend’s child up and down with a smile taking a real interest in him.
“After saying, ‘why are you staring at him?’ he came towards us.
You may also want to watch:
“He grabbed me by the throat. I’m 21 weeks pregnant, my partner got him away from us but after that he came for us again.
“This is bang out of order. Finally, the police did arrive and arrest him and he continued to make threats towards my partner.
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 3 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 4 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 No queue as vaccinations for 500 patients in a day begin
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
“We are not safe in this town no more.”