Man arrested on suspicion of assault after allegedly grabbing pregnant woman by throat
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old man from Wisbech was arrested on suspicion of common assault yesterday after allegedly grabbing a pregnant woman by the throat.
Terri Harris, who is 21 weeks pregnant, was walking through town with her friend Sarah-Jane Brown and her partner Liam Thrower, 21, when the incident happened.
A police spokesman said: “We were called to Market Place, Wisbech on March 28 at 7pm with reports of an assault on a female.”
Miss Harris, 26, of Wisbech, posted on social media: “Just to make people aware, tonight, walking through town with a friend and my family partner we had a foreign fella look my friend’s child up and down with a smile taking a real interest in him.
“After saying, ‘why are you staring at him?’ he came towards us.
You may also want to watch:
“He grabbed me by the throat. I’m 21 weeks pregnant, my partner got him away from us but after that he came for us again.
“This is bang out of order. Finally, the police did arrive and arrest him and he continued to make threats towards my partner.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road
“We are not safe in this town no more.”