Man arrested on suspicion of assault after allegedly grabbing pregnant woman by throat
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old man from Wisbech was arrested on suspicion of common assault yesterday after allegedly grabbing a pregnant woman by the throat.
Terri Harris, who is 21 weeks pregnant, was walking through town with her friend Sarah-Jane Brown and her partner Liam Thrower, 21, when the incident happened.
A police spokesman said: “We were called to Market Place, Wisbech on March 28 at 7pm with reports of an assault on a female.”
Miss Harris, 26, of Wisbech, posted on social media: “Just to make people aware, tonight, walking through town with a friend and my family partner we had a foreign fella look my friend’s child up and down with a smile taking a real interest in him.
“After saying, ‘why are you staring at him?’ he came towards us.
You may also want to watch:
“He grabbed me by the throat. I’m 21 weeks pregnant, my partner got him away from us but after that he came for us again.
“This is bang out of order. Finally, the police did arrive and arrest him and he continued to make threats towards my partner.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
“We are not safe in this town no more.”