Man arrested in Wisbech following allegations by neighbour that she was drugged and raped
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her twenties has been moved from her home in Wisbech after she was allegedly drug raped by her neighbour.
The mum told police how she woke up face down on her living room floor in the early hours with no recollection of what happened after she was invited round by a female and male neighbour.
Police were called and she attended the Peterborough Rape Crisis Centre where they took DNA and urine samples.
Within six days a housing association provided her with another home to move to.
A police spokesman said: “On Sunday August 9 a 29 year old male was arrested on suspicion of rape.
You may also want to watch:
“He has been bailed to appear at Thorpe Wood Police Station on Tuesday September 29.”
- 1 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 2 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 7 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 8 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 9 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 10 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure