Man arrested in Wisbech following allegations by neighbour that she was drugged and raped
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her twenties has been moved from her home in Wisbech after she was allegedly drug raped by her neighbour.
The mum told police how she woke up face down on her living room floor in the early hours with no recollection of what happened after she was invited round by a female and male neighbour.
Police were called and she attended the Peterborough Rape Crisis Centre where they took DNA and urine samples.
Within six days a housing association provided her with another home to move to.
A police spokesman said: “On Sunday August 9 a 29 year old male was arrested on suspicion of rape.
You may also want to watch:
“He has been bailed to appear at Thorpe Wood Police Station on Tuesday September 29.”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager