Man arrested in Wisbech following allegations by neighbour that she was drugged and raped
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her twenties has been moved from her home in Wisbech after she was allegedly drug raped by her neighbour.
The mum told police how she woke up face down on her living room floor in the early hours with no recollection of what happened after she was invited round by a female and male neighbour.
Police were called and she attended the Peterborough Rape Crisis Centre where they took DNA and urine samples.
Within six days a housing association provided her with another home to move to.
A police spokesman said: “On Sunday August 9 a 29 year old male was arrested on suspicion of rape.
You may also want to watch:
“He has been bailed to appear at Thorpe Wood Police Station on Tuesday September 29.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success