Man arrested for impersonating a police officer with blue lights on car in Three Holes
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in west Norfolk for impersonating a police officer after he was found to have added blue lights to his car.
He was also found with an offensive weapon yesterday (February 2) in Three Holes around 2.10pm. He was taken to King’s Lynn Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Police have not commented on his intentions and are investigating the incident.
The arrest follows a similar incident in south Norfolk last week.
A woman was driving along Kenninghall Road on when a car with blue flashing lights pulled up behind her.
You may also want to watch:
The male driver of the car then approached her passenger door and gestured to her to put her window down. He then asked her to get out of the car but the woman refused as she did not feel comfortable and agreed to get out of the car in a well-lit are of East Harling.
But the man never met her and officers later told the woman the driver was not a policeman.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 7 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 8 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
- 9 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 10 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
A spokesperson for the police said they are investigating if the two cases are linked.