Driver arrested for being in possession of knives after police spot him swerving between lanes
- Credit: Archant
A male driver who was spotted swerving between lanes in Wisbech was arrested for being in possession of an offensive weapon after an officer noticed something in the footwell of the vehicle.
The motorist was seen by police swerving his vehicle on Churchill Road at about 9pm last night (Sunday June 21).
Officers then made him take a break test - which he passed, but they discovered a red pocket knife in the car.
A search was then carried out under Section 1 of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, which led to the discovery of a second knife.
Both items were seized before the man was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre in King’s Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
He has since been released under investigation.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running