Man arrested for being twice the legal limit, disqualified and without insurance after ASDA Wisbech refused to serve him alcohol
- Credit: Archant
A man was arrested in Wisbech yesterday for being twice the legal limit, disqualified from driving and without insurance.
Staff at ASDA refused to serve alcohol to him because he was already heavily intoxicated.
Monitoring him in the car park they saw he was with a vehicle and notified police.
The vehicle was stopped and the male breathalysed at the roadside.
He failed the test with a 75 result against a limit of 35.
You may also want to watch:
It was then found the male was also disqualified from driving and had no insurance.
His vehicle was seized and the man is in custody.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months