Man arrested after police seize �1500 of metal from Fenland street
A 40-YEAR-old man has been arrested after police seized �1500 worth of metal from a Wisbech street.
Officers recovered eight lengths of the metal - used as supports when building internal walls - from Clarkson Avenue on Saturday.
Police are now searching for the owner of the valuable metal, which can be viewed at Wisbech Police Station.
PC Kris Mueller, investigating, said: “This metal is of high value and we are keen to find out where it has come from.
“Anyone who believes the metal is theirs should call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Mueller on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
The 40-year-old man arrested in connection with the incident has been bailed until April 28.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 7 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 10 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens