Man arrested after police seize �1500 of metal from Fenland street
A 40-YEAR-old man has been arrested after police seized �1500 worth of metal from a Wisbech street.
Officers recovered eight lengths of the metal - used as supports when building internal walls - from Clarkson Avenue on Saturday.
Police are now searching for the owner of the valuable metal, which can be viewed at Wisbech Police Station.
PC Kris Mueller, investigating, said: “This metal is of high value and we are keen to find out where it has come from.
“Anyone who believes the metal is theirs should call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Mueller on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
The 40-year-old man arrested in connection with the incident has been bailed until April 28.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site