Man arrested after police seize �1500 of metal from Fenland street
A 40-YEAR-old man has been arrested after police seized �1500 worth of metal from a Wisbech street.
Officers recovered eight lengths of the metal - used as supports when building internal walls - from Clarkson Avenue on Saturday.
Police are now searching for the owner of the valuable metal, which can be viewed at Wisbech Police Station.
PC Kris Mueller, investigating, said: “This metal is of high value and we are keen to find out where it has come from.
“Anyone who believes the metal is theirs should call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Mueller on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
The 40-year-old man arrested in connection with the incident has been bailed until April 28.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Emporium takes business to next level
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink