Man and woman from Wisbech charged with being involved in production of class B drug after discovery of large cannabis factory
- Credit: Archant
Two people from Wisbech were charged with being involved in the production of a class B drug after a large cannabis factory was discovered in Wisbech at the weekend.
Around 70 plants, thought to be worth tens of thousands of pounds, were discovered at a property in Seabank Road just before 2am on Saturday (11).
Four people were arrested when Norfolk Police made the discovery whilst searching for a “missing person”.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “A man in his 20s and a woman in her 40s, both from Wisbech, had been arrested on suspicion of being involved in the production of the Class B drug.
“They were both later released on bail to report back to officers on March 22.
“Another man, also in his 20s, and a tennage boy were also detained on suspicion of being involved in the production of cannabis and cultivating cannabis.
“Both were later released with no further action being taken against them.”
- 1 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 2 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 3 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 4 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 5 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 8 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 9 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
All plants and equipment found by police were seized and moved to police headquarters.