Man and woman from Wisbech charged with being involved in production of class B drug after discovery of large cannabis factory
- Credit: Archant
Two people from Wisbech were charged with being involved in the production of a class B drug after a large cannabis factory was discovered in Wisbech at the weekend.
Around 70 plants, thought to be worth tens of thousands of pounds, were discovered at a property in Seabank Road just before 2am on Saturday (11).
Four people were arrested when Norfolk Police made the discovery whilst searching for a “missing person”.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “A man in his 20s and a woman in her 40s, both from Wisbech, had been arrested on suspicion of being involved in the production of the Class B drug.
“They were both later released on bail to report back to officers on March 22.
You may also want to watch:
“Another man, also in his 20s, and a tennage boy were also detained on suspicion of being involved in the production of cannabis and cultivating cannabis.
“Both were later released with no further action being taken against them.”
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 6 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 7 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 8 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 9 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
All plants and equipment found by police were seized and moved to police headquarters.