Man and woman from Wisbech charged with being involved in production of class B drug after discovery of large cannabis factory
- Credit: Archant
Two people from Wisbech were charged with being involved in the production of a class B drug after a large cannabis factory was discovered in Wisbech at the weekend.
Around 70 plants, thought to be worth tens of thousands of pounds, were discovered at a property in Seabank Road just before 2am on Saturday (11).
Four people were arrested when Norfolk Police made the discovery whilst searching for a “missing person”.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “A man in his 20s and a woman in her 40s, both from Wisbech, had been arrested on suspicion of being involved in the production of the Class B drug.
“They were both later released on bail to report back to officers on March 22.
“Another man, also in his 20s, and a tennage boy were also detained on suspicion of being involved in the production of cannabis and cultivating cannabis.
“Both were later released with no further action being taken against them.”
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Mechanic turned astrophotographer's stunning images of space
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 6 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 7 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 8 Missing woman back home
- 9 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 10 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
All plants and equipment found by police were seized and moved to police headquarters.