Man and woman from Wisbech charged with being involved in production of class B drug after discovery of large cannabis factory
- Credit: Archant
Two people from Wisbech were charged with being involved in the production of a class B drug after a large cannabis factory was discovered in Wisbech at the weekend.
Around 70 plants, thought to be worth tens of thousands of pounds, were discovered at a property in Seabank Road just before 2am on Saturday (11).
Four people were arrested when Norfolk Police made the discovery whilst searching for a “missing person”.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “A man in his 20s and a woman in her 40s, both from Wisbech, had been arrested on suspicion of being involved in the production of the Class B drug.
“They were both later released on bail to report back to officers on March 22.
You may also want to watch:
“Another man, also in his 20s, and a tennage boy were also detained on suspicion of being involved in the production of cannabis and cultivating cannabis.
“Both were later released with no further action being taken against them.”
- 1 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 2 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 6 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 10 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
All plants and equipment found by police were seized and moved to police headquarters.