Man and woman from Wisbech charged with being involved in production of class B drug after discovery of large cannabis factory
- Credit: Archant
Two people from Wisbech were charged with being involved in the production of a class B drug after a large cannabis factory was discovered in Wisbech at the weekend.
Around 70 plants, thought to be worth tens of thousands of pounds, were discovered at a property in Seabank Road just before 2am on Saturday (11).
Four people were arrested when Norfolk Police made the discovery whilst searching for a “missing person”.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “A man in his 20s and a woman in her 40s, both from Wisbech, had been arrested on suspicion of being involved in the production of the Class B drug.
“They were both later released on bail to report back to officers on March 22.
You may also want to watch:
“Another man, also in his 20s, and a tennage boy were also detained on suspicion of being involved in the production of cannabis and cultivating cannabis.
“Both were later released with no further action being taken against them.”
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
All plants and equipment found by police were seized and moved to police headquarters.