Man airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious leg injuries after A47 crash between Guyhirn roundabout and Begdale roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A man has been airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with a suspected injury to his pelvis and serious leg injuries after a crash on the A47 between Guyhirn roundabout and Begdale roundabout earlier today.
The collision, which happened at 12.40pm and involved a lorry and a van, required an air ambulance, fire crew and police team to attend the scene.
The van left the road and ended up in a ditch following the crash.
Highways England have detailed a number of diversion routes online following the incident.
“Road users travelling westbound are being diverted via the A1101 towards Outwell then continue on to the A1122 through Nordelph and then take the A10 at Downham Market.
“At the roundabout take the second exit on to the A10 and head south to Ely. Continue through Littleport to Ely and join the A142 to Chatteris.
“At the roundabout with A141 in Chatteris take the fourth exit and continue on the A141 until you re-join the A47 at Guyhirn.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 3 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 My boss, the Prime Minister, is not a liar, says MP Steve Barclay
“Road users travelling eastbound are being diverted via the A141 towards Chatteris. At the roundabout take the A142 to Ely and continue through Mepal and join the A10 towards Kings Lynn. Continue until you reach West Winch/Hardwick and re-join the A47.
“Road users are also advised to allow extra time for their journey.”