Major Sutton Bridge employer Wingland Foods celebrates 15th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A food producer which employs 550 staff has celebrated a landmark birthday.
Wingland Foods, part of Bakkavor Group, opened its Sutton Bridge factory on April 7 2000, where it produces a wide range of fresh prepared produce and deli products.
To mark the achievement, the company has designed a special logo which will be widely used across the business as well as emblazoned on a new flag to fly outside the factory for a year.
This will be raised by a group of employees who started with the business when it opened 15 years ago.
Jon Pinder, general manager at Wingland Foods, said: “Wingland Foods has a proven track record of producing the highest quality fresh prepared foods for Waitrose.
You may also want to watch:
“This, along with the significant growth of the company over the past 15 years, is a result of the fantastic work undertaken by our people, who deliver quality and service day in, day out.
“I am delighted to celebrate our 15th year with all our employees, and recognise the 48 members of the Wingland Foods team who have individually clocked up 15 or more years of continuous service within the group.”
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation