Major cannabis factory found in Wisbech with potential street value of £80,000
- Credit: Archant
Police found more than 100 cannabis plants with a potential street value of £80,000 at an address in Wisbech.
Detectives raided the property on Sunday. They said that the crop, which was close to reaching maturity, had a potential yield of £80,000.
Investigations are now ongoing to find out who was behind the set-up, police said on social media.
Plants were being grown inside reflective heat tents under a high-powered lighting system to accellerate their growth.
The discovery is the second major cannabis factory to be found in Wisbech in just weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Almost 500 plants - said by police to be worth around £250,000 - were found inside a modest semi-detached house in the Fenland town’s Oakroyd Terrace last month.
The system at that address included CCTV cameras, so the crop could be monitored remotely as it grew, reducing the need for the grower to visit the property and protecting it from thieves.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter