Major cannabis factory found in Wisbech with potential street value of £80,000
- Credit: Archant
Police found more than 100 cannabis plants with a potential street value of £80,000 at an address in Wisbech.
Detectives raided the property on Sunday. They said that the crop, which was close to reaching maturity, had a potential yield of £80,000.
Investigations are now ongoing to find out who was behind the set-up, police said on social media.
Plants were being grown inside reflective heat tents under a high-powered lighting system to accellerate their growth.
The discovery is the second major cannabis factory to be found in Wisbech in just weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Almost 500 plants - said by police to be worth around £250,000 - were found inside a modest semi-detached house in the Fenland town’s Oakroyd Terrace last month.
The system at that address included CCTV cameras, so the crop could be monitored remotely as it grew, reducing the need for the grower to visit the property and protecting it from thieves.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Emporium takes business to next level
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 MP full of praise as club reaches £90k towards 3G pitch