Go slow! Farmers cause carriageway closure in Wisbech after leaving mud all over A1101
- Credit: Twitter/@FenCops
A road closure was caused in the Fens over the weekend after mud was left all over the road by farmers.
Police were forced to shut the A1101 at Four Gotes, Wisbech on Saturday, October 12 after thick mud was left in the middle of the carriageway.
Officers said the "weather has not helped" after they arrived to find one of the farmers trying to clear the road using a yellow JCB.
The warning was to "approach with care" as farmers worked for more than two hours to try and clear up the Fen road.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "There is farming in progress and the weather has not helped. The farmer swept the road to clean it.
You may also want to watch:
"The farmer has been clearing the mud from the road with help from a road closure from us; however it is still muddy and is still going to have a sweeper put over it.
"Please approach with care and slow down, the road has been reopened."
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary