‘Magnifitash Seven’ raise thousands by taking part in Movember
- Credit: Archant
Seven Fenland friends raised almost £3,000 for charity by growing a moustache as part of Movember.
Gary Francis, Danny Sirota, Ian Barnes, Timothy Bootle, Ritchie Taylor, Phil Rains and Rob Curtis took on the hair-growing challenge to raise money and awareness for men’s physical and mental health.
Kim Houghton, Mo Sista to the ‘Magnifi’tash seven’, said: “After having a great bunch of friends for many years, we have all been through events that make you realise that you cannot take life for granted.
“We, as a group have all been affected by mental health and cancer, and as we are mainly a group of men, thought that we would support Movember.
“We realised that, as important as it is to raise as much money as possible, it was equally important to raise awareness for men’s mental and physical health.
“As we have found out, most people think Movember is all about cancer, but it is about so much more.”
So far the friends have received donations in excess of £2,800 and the boys are still being sponsored.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 3 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 4 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 5 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 6 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 7 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 10 Recap: Air ambulance attends A47 crash near Wisbech
To donate visit www.mosista.co/13572031