‘Magnifitash Seven’ raise thousands by taking part in Movember
- Credit: Archant
Seven Fenland friends raised almost £3,000 for charity by growing a moustache as part of Movember.
Gary Francis, Danny Sirota, Ian Barnes, Timothy Bootle, Ritchie Taylor, Phil Rains and Rob Curtis took on the hair-growing challenge to raise money and awareness for men’s physical and mental health.
Kim Houghton, Mo Sista to the ‘Magnifi’tash seven’, said: “After having a great bunch of friends for many years, we have all been through events that make you realise that you cannot take life for granted.
“We, as a group have all been affected by mental health and cancer, and as we are mainly a group of men, thought that we would support Movember.
“We realised that, as important as it is to raise as much money as possible, it was equally important to raise awareness for men’s mental and physical health.
You may also want to watch:
“As we have found out, most people think Movember is all about cancer, but it is about so much more.”
So far the friends have received donations in excess of £2,800 and the boys are still being sponsored.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 8 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
To donate visit www.mosista.co/13572031