‘Magnifitash Seven’ raise thousands by taking part in Movember
- Credit: Archant
Seven Fenland friends raised almost £3,000 for charity by growing a moustache as part of Movember.
Gary Francis, Danny Sirota, Ian Barnes, Timothy Bootle, Ritchie Taylor, Phil Rains and Rob Curtis took on the hair-growing challenge to raise money and awareness for men’s physical and mental health.
Kim Houghton, Mo Sista to the ‘Magnifi’tash seven’, said: “After having a great bunch of friends for many years, we have all been through events that make you realise that you cannot take life for granted.
“We, as a group have all been affected by mental health and cancer, and as we are mainly a group of men, thought that we would support Movember.
“We realised that, as important as it is to raise as much money as possible, it was equally important to raise awareness for men’s mental and physical health.
You may also want to watch:
“As we have found out, most people think Movember is all about cancer, but it is about so much more.”
So far the friends have received donations in excess of £2,800 and the boys are still being sponsored.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 10 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
To donate visit www.mosista.co/13572031