‘Magnifitash Seven’ raise thousands by taking part in Movember
- Credit: Archant
Seven Fenland friends raised almost £3,000 for charity by growing a moustache as part of Movember.
Gary Francis, Danny Sirota, Ian Barnes, Timothy Bootle, Ritchie Taylor, Phil Rains and Rob Curtis took on the hair-growing challenge to raise money and awareness for men’s physical and mental health.
Kim Houghton, Mo Sista to the ‘Magnifi’tash seven’, said: “After having a great bunch of friends for many years, we have all been through events that make you realise that you cannot take life for granted.
“We, as a group have all been affected by mental health and cancer, and as we are mainly a group of men, thought that we would support Movember.
“We realised that, as important as it is to raise as much money as possible, it was equally important to raise awareness for men’s mental and physical health.
You may also want to watch:
“As we have found out, most people think Movember is all about cancer, but it is about so much more.”
So far the friends have received donations in excess of £2,800 and the boys are still being sponsored.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
To donate visit www.mosista.co/13572031