Maggie marks 80th birthday with three-day party and microlight flight to raise £1,000 for Water Aid
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland woman celebrated her 80th birthday with a three-day party and microlight flight – all in aid of charity.
Maggie Devine raised £1,000 for the charity Water Aid by holding the weekend-long celebration which featured live music, a raffle and an auction.
She said: “Over three days about 100 people came to the party in Sutton Gault – a lot of them even camped.
“We had four different live bands and other musicians come from all over the country.
“It was more of a mini festival with a birthday party thrown in.
You may also want to watch:
“The idea came from me and I was giving a flyover in a microlight with people throwing confetti when I came down. It was amazing.
“I chose to raise money for Water Aid because of all the earthquakes that have happened recently, to help those who have been affected.”
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
For more information about Water Aid and the work the charity does visit www.wateraid.org/uk