Maggie marks 80th birthday with three-day party and microlight flight to raise £1,000 for Water Aid
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland woman celebrated her 80th birthday with a three-day party and microlight flight – all in aid of charity.
Maggie Devine raised £1,000 for the charity Water Aid by holding the weekend-long celebration which featured live music, a raffle and an auction.
She said: “Over three days about 100 people came to the party in Sutton Gault – a lot of them even camped.
“We had four different live bands and other musicians come from all over the country.
“It was more of a mini festival with a birthday party thrown in.
You may also want to watch:
“The idea came from me and I was giving a flyover in a microlight with people throwing confetti when I came down. It was amazing.
“I chose to raise money for Water Aid because of all the earthquakes that have happened recently, to help those who have been affected.”
- 1 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 2 Councillor wants flats plan binned
- 3 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 6 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
For more information about Water Aid and the work the charity does visit www.wateraid.org/uk