Maggie marks 80th birthday with three-day party and microlight flight to raise £1,000 for Water Aid
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland woman celebrated her 80th birthday with a three-day party and microlight flight – all in aid of charity.
Maggie Devine raised £1,000 for the charity Water Aid by holding the weekend-long celebration which featured live music, a raffle and an auction.
She said: “Over three days about 100 people came to the party in Sutton Gault – a lot of them even camped.
“We had four different live bands and other musicians come from all over the country.
“It was more of a mini festival with a birthday party thrown in.
You may also want to watch:
“The idea came from me and I was giving a flyover in a microlight with people throwing confetti when I came down. It was amazing.
“I chose to raise money for Water Aid because of all the earthquakes that have happened recently, to help those who have been affected.”
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
For more information about Water Aid and the work the charity does visit www.wateraid.org/uk