Macmillan receives �5.5k from Wisbech fund-raising group as countdown begins to World’s Biggest Coffee Morning
MACMILLAN Cancer Support’s Wisbech fund-raising group presented a cheque for �5,500 to the charity’s Cambridgeshire office.
The funds, raised by individual donations and group events, were presented to Charlotte Darlow, fund-raising manager for Cambridgeshire.
The group also received a �300 donation following a concert by the Sheringham Shantymen at St Mary’s Church, West Walton. The event was held to raise money towards a community room for the church, with some of the proceeds going to Macmillan.
Wendy Smith, a member of the fund-raising group, said: “Of the funds raised during the year, a good proportion goes toward patient grants.
“In Cambridgeshire during 2011 �43,005 was given to 134 individuals - �11,122 was given to 39 people needing support in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
“So be proud, all of you who spare a few coins for a collecting bucket, or give donations at a special event or celebration.”
The group holds its World’s Biggest Coffee Morning event at St Peter’s Church Hall from 10am-noon but on September 21 - a week earlier than the rest of the country. Members will then visit other events taking place on September 28.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
For more information about the group, contact Adele on 01945 587653 or Wendy on 01945 587277.