Macmillan receives �5.5k from Wisbech fund-raising group as countdown begins to World’s Biggest Coffee Morning
MACMILLAN Cancer Support’s Wisbech fund-raising group presented a cheque for �5,500 to the charity’s Cambridgeshire office.
The funds, raised by individual donations and group events, were presented to Charlotte Darlow, fund-raising manager for Cambridgeshire.
The group also received a �300 donation following a concert by the Sheringham Shantymen at St Mary’s Church, West Walton. The event was held to raise money towards a community room for the church, with some of the proceeds going to Macmillan.
Wendy Smith, a member of the fund-raising group, said: “Of the funds raised during the year, a good proportion goes toward patient grants.
“In Cambridgeshire during 2011 �43,005 was given to 134 individuals - �11,122 was given to 39 people needing support in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
“So be proud, all of you who spare a few coins for a collecting bucket, or give donations at a special event or celebration.”
The group holds its World’s Biggest Coffee Morning event at St Peter’s Church Hall from 10am-noon but on September 21 - a week earlier than the rest of the country. Members will then visit other events taking place on September 28.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 6 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
For more information about the group, contact Adele on 01945 587653 or Wendy on 01945 587277.