Wisbech solicitors coffee morning raises £336 for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech branch of Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar LLP solicitors raised £336 for charity by holding a coffee morning.
Baking up a storm in the kitchen, staff at the firm held the coffee morning in September in support of Macmillan Cancer Support.
Members of staff each baked treats including chocolate cookies, salted caramel brownies, tarts and cakes.
Visitors were welcomed and encouraged to join in the raffle with a chance to win some prizes.
Staff took a break from working to join in the fun with games including ‘guess the length of the sausage roll’ and ‘pin the cherry on the cake’.
You may also want to watch:
Claire James, partner at Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar LLP Partner, said: “It was a great event; we are so pleased to have been able to take part and support a charity that is close to many of us.”
The money was presented to local volunteers from Macmillan Cancer Support earlier this month.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year