Wisbech solicitors coffee morning raises £336 for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech branch of Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar LLP solicitors raised £336 for charity by holding a coffee morning.
Baking up a storm in the kitchen, staff at the firm held the coffee morning in September in support of Macmillan Cancer Support.
Members of staff each baked treats including chocolate cookies, salted caramel brownies, tarts and cakes.
Visitors were welcomed and encouraged to join in the raffle with a chance to win some prizes.
Staff took a break from working to join in the fun with games including ‘guess the length of the sausage roll’ and ‘pin the cherry on the cake’.
You may also want to watch:
Claire James, partner at Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar LLP Partner, said: “It was a great event; we are so pleased to have been able to take part and support a charity that is close to many of us.”
The money was presented to local volunteers from Macmillan Cancer Support earlier this month.
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 7 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 8 County council orders review into £120m lending to This Land
- 9 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 10 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire