Wisbech solicitors coffee morning raises £336 for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech branch of Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar LLP solicitors raised £336 for charity by holding a coffee morning.
Baking up a storm in the kitchen, staff at the firm held the coffee morning in September in support of Macmillan Cancer Support.
Members of staff each baked treats including chocolate cookies, salted caramel brownies, tarts and cakes.
Visitors were welcomed and encouraged to join in the raffle with a chance to win some prizes.
Staff took a break from working to join in the fun with games including ‘guess the length of the sausage roll’ and ‘pin the cherry on the cake’.
Claire James, partner at Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar LLP Partner, said: “It was a great event; we are so pleased to have been able to take part and support a charity that is close to many of us.”
The money was presented to local volunteers from Macmillan Cancer Support earlier this month.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 4 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 7 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 8 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 9 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire