Wisbech solicitors coffee morning raises £336 for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech branch of Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar LLP solicitors raised £336 for charity by holding a coffee morning.
Baking up a storm in the kitchen, staff at the firm held the coffee morning in September in support of Macmillan Cancer Support.
Members of staff each baked treats including chocolate cookies, salted caramel brownies, tarts and cakes.
Visitors were welcomed and encouraged to join in the raffle with a chance to win some prizes.
Staff took a break from working to join in the fun with games including ‘guess the length of the sausage roll’ and ‘pin the cherry on the cake’.
You may also want to watch:
Claire James, partner at Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar LLP Partner, said: “It was a great event; we are so pleased to have been able to take part and support a charity that is close to many of us.”
The money was presented to local volunteers from Macmillan Cancer Support earlier this month.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 4 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 8 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 9 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 10 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May