Macmillan Coffee Morning fundraiser at Wisbech Grammar School raises hundreds for charity
- Credit: Archant
Sixth formers at Wisbech Grammar School raised £387.70 for charity by organising and holding a Macmillan Coffee Morning fundraiser.
Staff, pupils and parents made cakes and the entire school was then invited to buy caked from the refectory at break time.
Ann Wildman, of Wisbech Grammar School, said: "The refectory was decorated with balloons and bunting and the tables were groaning under the weight of the delicious homemade treats.
"It was a great success and there was a real community feel as everyone devoured the delicious cakes and cookies."
"Well done and thank you to the sixth form charity committee for your hard work in organising the event and the money raised will be a big help to those in need."
You may also want to watch:
Kate Taylor, head of sixth form, said: "Being able to present the cheque to Macmillan is a real pleasure as we know how vital such fundraising is to the work that they do."
The charity runs an annual event for individuals to host their own coffee morning, with the goal being to host the 'world's biggest coffee morning' across the nation.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary