Hundreds raised for Macmillan Cancer Support thanks to coffee mornings at Cromwell Community College and Meadowgate Academy
- Credit: Archant
Students at two Fenland schools helped to raise hundreds of pounds for Macmillan Cancer Support by holding coffee mornings.
Emma Bird, sixth form coordinator at Meadowgate Academy, said: "We were thrilled with the donations of cakes from the wider school, parents and carers, which served the hungry visitors that came.
"We were delighted to welcome the Mayor of Wisbech and representatives of the local Macmillan group, as well as parents, carers and the local community. "We are pleased to announce that over £325 was raised and a big thank you to Class 6B for their excellent planning and organisation for the event."
Meanwhile at Cromwell Community College £367.21 was raised as learning resources manager Jackie Harding opened up the library for charity for the first time.
Mayor of Chatteris Linda Ashley attended along with parents, carers and residents of Swan House.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I was overwhelmed with the amount of cakes donated from the pupils and families at Cromwell and I would like to express my thanks."
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 9 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare