Lynsey gets her sergeant’s stripes at Wisbech army cadets presentation
- Credit: Archant
Members of Wisbech Army Cadets were presented with awards including a promotion and various badges.
Detachment commander Captain Trevor Longmuir invited representatives of the Royal Anglian Regiment Association-Cambridgeshire to make the presentations.
Lieutenant Colonel (retired) David Denson, association chairman, presented Corporal Lynsey Alderson with her sergeant’s stripes and her three star army proficiency certificate (APC) and badge and Lance Corporal Ainsley Crowson with his two star APC and badge.
Major (Rtd) Tom Denton, association member and former officer commanding No1 (Hereward) Company presented: Cadet Marek Vasko with his heart start certificate; Cadet Justihas Slicas with his heart start and basic APC certificates and badge; and cadet Travis Norman with his basic APC and badge.
Both visitors stayed at the detachment after the presentations to see the cadets in training and had the chance to talk to many about their experience in the Army Cadet Force.
You may also want to watch:
Lt Col (Rtd) Denson said: “We are very impressed with the actual numbers and smartness of the cadets on parade. It is very pleasing to see cadets wearing the Cambridgeshire Regiment flash on their brazzard and their support at recent remembrance services organised by the Riders Branch of the Royal British Legion.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in