Lyncroft Care Home’s mouth-watering meals earn chef managers top prizes at national competition
- Credit: Archant
Two chefs at a Wisbech care home have had their culinary skills recognised at a national competition.
Phil Trask and Nicci Coles, who are both chef managers at Lyncroft on Clarkson Avenue, finished third and second respectively at Country Court Care’s Meal Showereel competition.
The cook-off aimed to showcase some of the care industry’s best meals on offer and to enter, chef managers had to snap photos of their best meals and submit them in three categories.
Phil won third prize in the main course category, while Nicci scooped second in the dessert category.
Manager at Lyncroft, Jan Davison, said: “We are absolutely delighted for Phil and Nicci. Their wins are testament to the quality of their work and the genuine love they have for food and making our residents happy.
You may also want to watch:
“Hats off to them both and the whole Elior kitchen team and Lyncroft.”
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began