Lyncroft Care Home’s mouth-watering meals earn chef managers top prizes at national competition
- Credit: Archant
Two chefs at a Wisbech care home have had their culinary skills recognised at a national competition.
Phil Trask and Nicci Coles, who are both chef managers at Lyncroft on Clarkson Avenue, finished third and second respectively at Country Court Care’s Meal Showereel competition.
The cook-off aimed to showcase some of the care industry’s best meals on offer and to enter, chef managers had to snap photos of their best meals and submit them in three categories.
Phil won third prize in the main course category, while Nicci scooped second in the dessert category.
Manager at Lyncroft, Jan Davison, said: “We are absolutely delighted for Phil and Nicci. Their wins are testament to the quality of their work and the genuine love they have for food and making our residents happy.
You may also want to watch:
“Hats off to them both and the whole Elior kitchen team and Lyncroft.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant
- 3 Thieves conspired to steal over £1million worth of high-end luxury cars
- 4 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 5 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 6 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 7 Man jailed for trying to arrange sexual abuse of girls and woman
- 8 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash