Lyncroft Care Home’s mouth-watering meals earn chef managers top prizes at national competition
- Credit: Archant
Two chefs at a Wisbech care home have had their culinary skills recognised at a national competition.
Phil Trask and Nicci Coles, who are both chef managers at Lyncroft on Clarkson Avenue, finished third and second respectively at Country Court Care’s Meal Showereel competition.
The cook-off aimed to showcase some of the care industry’s best meals on offer and to enter, chef managers had to snap photos of their best meals and submit them in three categories.
Phil won third prize in the main course category, while Nicci scooped second in the dessert category.
Manager at Lyncroft, Jan Davison, said: “We are absolutely delighted for Phil and Nicci. Their wins are testament to the quality of their work and the genuine love they have for food and making our residents happy.
You may also want to watch:
“Hats off to them both and the whole Elior kitchen team and Lyncroft.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller