Shaking up a mocktail heaven for Wisbech care home residents
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a Wisbech care home enjoyed a visit from a bar team who served up mocktails as part of a week looking at nutrition.
Lyncroft Care Home enjoyed the experience from the team at Bar and Beyond in Kings Lynn who let them make and sample a range of drinks.
Karl and Abbie, mixologists from Bar and Beyond, created the drinks which were all alcohol free apart from one which they named ‘The Lyncroft Bomb’.
Brenda Durrington, manager of the Clarkson Avenue venue, said: “Mocktails are a fun way for residents to stay hydrated and try new combinations of fruit and drinks.
“We are always looking for new and engaging activities for our residents, this was a great opportunity to bring the younger generation into our home and for our residents to meet new people and stay healthy”.
You may also want to watch:
The event was part of nutrition and hydration week, an annual event held in March to highlight improvements in nutrition locally and globally.
- 1 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 2 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 6 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 10 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists