Lyncroft care home joins Queen Elizabeth Hospital’s new Red Bag initiative
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech care home has become the latest to get involved with the Queen Elizabeth Hospital’s new Red Bag initiative.
The Lyncroft care home has lent its support to the scheme which gives residents a red bag for their journey to and from hospital.
The bags include paperwork and information on the resident, as well as personal belongings and allows the patient to be identified as a care home resident. The bag stays with them at all times and the paperwork is updated on their return from the hospital.
The project is a collaboration between the King’s Lynn-based hospital, the East of England Ambulance Service, West Norfolk CCG and 16 local care homes.
Lyncroft care home manager, Jan Davison, said: “We jumped at the chance to be involved in this initiative.
You may also want to watch:
“We aim to provide the highest standards of care for our residents and this simple but innovative project will improve communications and enable us to work more closely with our colleagues in the ambulance service and at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.”
“Going into hospital can be a stressful time for residents especially those living with dementia. Having their own belongings safely and securely with them at all times can give them comfort and reassurance.”
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
The bags allow correct care to be immediately given as the hospital and ambulance staff will have accurate and up-to-date information.