60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- Credit: LYNCROFT CARE HOME
Sixty staff members and residents at Lyncroft Care Home were among the first in Wisbech to receive the Covid-19 vaccination.
Home manager Brenda Durrington was first in line to receive the first dose of the Oxford Astrazeneca vaccine.
The delivery programme was administered by nurse practitioner Helen Cook from The Clarkson Surgery.
After receiving her vaccination, seventy-nine-year-old resident Ann Burton said: “If everybody is having it done then it’s got to be a good thing hasn’t it.
“I’m happy about it, that’s the way I look at it. I’m one of the lucky ones”.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Durrington said: “Our staff and residents have been very patiently awaiting the moment that we can start to receive the vaccine.
“We certainly see this as a step in the right direction back to normality. I’d like to thank all of our residents, staff and family members for their understanding and fortitude during what has been a difficult time for everyone.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 5 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 RAF Lakenheath fly-over in memory of US airman Kenneth ‘Kage’ Allen
“We are now starting to look forward to receiving guidance for welcoming families and visitors back to our care home.”