Luminus Ferry Project to host fourth job fair at Queen Mary Centre in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Luminus Ferry Project, an award-winning social enterprise and registered charity, will hold its 4th annual job fair on Wednesday May 10 at the Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech.
The job fair is funded by the Greater Cambridgeshire Greater Peterborough Enterprise Partnership, and will take place from 10am until 2pm.
More 20 local and national business and training organisations will attend the event, with over 100 jobs on offer in a range of careers. Already registered to attend are Luminus Group, Anglian Water, and the College of West Anglia.
“The Job Fair is open to residents of Wisbech and the surrounding areas and is a relaxed setting for members of the community – both unemployed and employed – to come if they are looking to find employment, want to develop their skills or change their career,” said a spokesman for Luminus Ferry Project.
“There will also be a large range of training and volunteering opportunities available to those who would like to dip their toes back into the job market. Last year over 300 people attended with many finding employment as a result.”
You may also want to watch:
In 2016 Luminus Ferry Project helped 928 unemployed people with their search for employment; 580 became work ready and 147 found jobs.
For more information contact the QMC on 01945 581444 or visit the job fair website at www.queenmarycentre.co.uk
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 4 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 8 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 9 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 10 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May