Driver escapes injury after car leaves road, rolls over several times, and comes to rest in Fenland field
- Credit: Archant
A driver escaped injury after losing control of his car as it left a Fenland road and rolled over several times.
Police say eye witnesses report the car – that they say was new- was driving within the speed limit when the crash happened.
A police spokesman said: “The driver walked away practically unscathed.
“The photo of the wreck shows how lucky he was.”
The spokesman added: “The car was brand new and perfectly roadworthy (before the crash!) and witnesses state he was driving well within the speed limit.”
You may also want to watch:
The officer who shared the crash photo on the Policing Wisbech Facebook page said: “I’ve posted this across the entire Fenland area intentionally as the roads are equally as dangerous if you allow yourself to get too complacent.”
He said the message was quite simple: “Drive safely”.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 3 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
Witnesses say the car plunged into a field before rolling over several times.
One resident told police: “The roads are so bumpy there. “You have to be so careful, even when driving safely; you have to keep your wits about you.
“The speed limit should be lowered on some of the roads; you bounce all over the place.”
Wisbech town councillor (and taxi driver) Billy Rackley said: “It’s a shocking bit of road if you go over 40mph”.