Driver escapes injury after car leaves road, rolls over several times, and comes to rest in Fenland field
- Credit: Archant
A driver escaped injury after losing control of his car as it left a Fenland road and rolled over several times.
Police say eye witnesses report the car – that they say was new- was driving within the speed limit when the crash happened.
A police spokesman said: “The driver walked away practically unscathed.
“The photo of the wreck shows how lucky he was.”
The spokesman added: “The car was brand new and perfectly roadworthy (before the crash!) and witnesses state he was driving well within the speed limit.”
You may also want to watch:
The officer who shared the crash photo on the Policing Wisbech Facebook page said: “I’ve posted this across the entire Fenland area intentionally as the roads are equally as dangerous if you allow yourself to get too complacent.”
He said the message was quite simple: “Drive safely”.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
Witnesses say the car plunged into a field before rolling over several times.
One resident told police: “The roads are so bumpy there. “You have to be so careful, even when driving safely; you have to keep your wits about you.
“The speed limit should be lowered on some of the roads; you bounce all over the place.”
Wisbech town councillor (and taxi driver) Billy Rackley said: “It’s a shocking bit of road if you go over 40mph”.