Debate on fairer funding and improving employability part of ‘Love Our Colleges’ fair at College of West Anglia in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A debate on fairer funding and improving employability was part of a Love Our Colleges event at the College of West Anglia in Wisbech.
Staff and students took part in a range of activities during the day-long fair and were able to fill in some of the reasons why they loved their college.
One student said he loved his college because "it supports me to achieve my dreams" and another added "I love my college because it cares about the environment".
The Love Our Colleges fair was held to support the nationwide Association of Colleges (AoC) initiative Colleges Week.
The aim of the week is to encourage students and staff involvement to highlight the work colleges do, internally and in the wider community, to push the government for fairer funding for the further education community.
You may also want to watch:
CWA principal David Pomfret said: "I am delighted by the amount of support staff and students have shown during Colleges Week and I hope it will help us in our nationwide-push for fairer funding in further education."
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide