Lorry piled high with 200 pallets seized by Fenland police - and the driver had no insurance
- Credit: Archant
A lorry loaded with over 200 wooden pallets never got to its destination after being stopped – and seized- by police.
Fenland police posted a picture of the lorry to Twitter and recounted what happened when they pulled it over.
Not only did they discover the driver didn’t have a valid licence but they took one look and ruled the lorry was over weight.
“Vehicle seized,” tweeted the officer from the roads policing unit who had pulled it over.
Police did not reveal whether the owner of the Iveco lorry has found someone to reclaim it – or what happened to the pallets.
You may also want to watch:
Nor, indeed, did they reveal who unloaded them.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 3 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 4 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 No queue as vaccinations for 500 patients in a day begin
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021