LONG SUTTON: Police launch murder investigation after woman's body found.
A MURDER inquiry has been launched following the death of a 48-year-old woman from Long Sutton. Police and ambulance workers were called to Windsor Gardens, Long Sutton just before 8pm on Wednesday. The woman was pronounced dead at the scene and a 61-year
A MURDER inquiry has been launched following the death of a 48-year-old woman from Long Sutton.
Police and ambulance workers were called to Windsor Gardens, Long Sutton just before 8pm on Wednesday.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene and a 61-year-old male occupant of the address was arrested on suspicion of murder.
He was taken to Spalding Police Station, where he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
The relationship between the man arrested and the victim is not clear at this time.
Det Insp Phil Denison said: "We now have police officers at the scene.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
"Forensic investigations are taking place at the premises and officers are carrying out house-to-house inquiries.
"I'm not saying that we are not appealing for information from the public, but I am hopeful that all the relevant information we need will be gleaned from these investigations."
The victim has not yet been identified and a post mortem was due to take place on Thursday.
Call Lincolnshire Police 01522 532222.