LONG SUTTON: Police launch murder investigation after woman's body found.
A MURDER inquiry has been launched following the death of a 48-year-old woman from Long Sutton. Police and ambulance workers were called to Windsor Gardens, Long Sutton just before 8pm on Wednesday. The woman was pronounced dead at the scene and a 61-year
A MURDER inquiry has been launched following the death of a 48-year-old woman from Long Sutton.
Police and ambulance workers were called to Windsor Gardens, Long Sutton just before 8pm on Wednesday.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene and a 61-year-old male occupant of the address was arrested on suspicion of murder.
He was taken to Spalding Police Station, where he remains in custody.
The relationship between the man arrested and the victim is not clear at this time.
Det Insp Phil Denison said: "We now have police officers at the scene.
- 1 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 4 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 5 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 6 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
"Forensic investigations are taking place at the premises and officers are carrying out house-to-house inquiries.
"I'm not saying that we are not appealing for information from the public, but I am hopeful that all the relevant information we need will be gleaned from these investigations."
The victim has not yet been identified and a post mortem was due to take place on Thursday.
Call Lincolnshire Police 01522 532222.