Long Sutton nursery children create colourful Ken Dodd display for village’s Flower Festival
- Credit: Archant
A LONG Sutton nursery created a colourful display in St Mary’s Church to celebrate the village’s Flower Festival.
The festival, which runs until Monday, has ‘The New Elizabethans’ as its theme this year and Phoenix Montessori Nursery children had the topic of ‘Ken Dodd O.B.E’.
To fit with the theme, they illustrated one of the verses from his song ‘Happiness’ and included a ‘diddy man with his tickling stick’.
Some of the children supplied jokes, which were stuck on the mountain.
Charlotte Whatling, the teacher in charge, said: “The children couldn’t wait to go to the church and view the displays, especially the one they had helped to create.
You may also want to watch:
“They were asking all of last week if they could go and look round.
“They enjoyed carrying out the work for the display, especially the large scale painting of the sea and the mountain.”
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka