Long Sutton nursery children create colourful Ken Dodd display for village’s Flower Festival
- Credit: Archant
A LONG Sutton nursery created a colourful display in St Mary’s Church to celebrate the village’s Flower Festival.
The festival, which runs until Monday, has ‘The New Elizabethans’ as its theme this year and Phoenix Montessori Nursery children had the topic of ‘Ken Dodd O.B.E’.
To fit with the theme, they illustrated one of the verses from his song ‘Happiness’ and included a ‘diddy man with his tickling stick’.
Some of the children supplied jokes, which were stuck on the mountain.
Charlotte Whatling, the teacher in charge, said: “The children couldn’t wait to go to the church and view the displays, especially the one they had helped to create.
You may also want to watch:
“They were asking all of last week if they could go and look round.
“They enjoyed carrying out the work for the display, especially the large scale painting of the sea and the mountain.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 7 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 8 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal