Long Sutton nursery children create colourful Ken Dodd display for village’s Flower Festival
- Credit: Archant
A LONG Sutton nursery created a colourful display in St Mary’s Church to celebrate the village’s Flower Festival.
The festival, which runs until Monday, has ‘The New Elizabethans’ as its theme this year and Phoenix Montessori Nursery children had the topic of ‘Ken Dodd O.B.E’.
To fit with the theme, they illustrated one of the verses from his song ‘Happiness’ and included a ‘diddy man with his tickling stick’.
Some of the children supplied jokes, which were stuck on the mountain.
Charlotte Whatling, the teacher in charge, said: “The children couldn’t wait to go to the church and view the displays, especially the one they had helped to create.
You may also want to watch:
“They were asking all of last week if they could go and look round.
“They enjoyed carrying out the work for the display, especially the large scale painting of the sea and the mountain.”
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 5 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 8 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 9 Family of man who died at quarry plead with people not to swim
- 10 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour