Long Sutton nursery children create colourful Ken Dodd display for village’s Flower Festival
- Credit: Archant
A LONG Sutton nursery created a colourful display in St Mary’s Church to celebrate the village’s Flower Festival.
The festival, which runs until Monday, has ‘The New Elizabethans’ as its theme this year and Phoenix Montessori Nursery children had the topic of ‘Ken Dodd O.B.E’.
To fit with the theme, they illustrated one of the verses from his song ‘Happiness’ and included a ‘diddy man with his tickling stick’.
Some of the children supplied jokes, which were stuck on the mountain.
Charlotte Whatling, the teacher in charge, said: “The children couldn’t wait to go to the church and view the displays, especially the one they had helped to create.
“They were asking all of last week if they could go and look round.
“They enjoyed carrying out the work for the display, especially the large scale painting of the sea and the mountain.”
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 4 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 7 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 8 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 9 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire