LONG SUTTON: Man jailed for life for murder after partner obsessed with computer games
A MAN who murdered his partner after she became obsessed with computer games was today jailed for life. Sixty-two-year-old Malcolm Palmer used a lock knife and a steak knife to repeatedly stab Carol Cannom in front of their 10-year-old son at their Long S
A MAN who murdered his partner after she became obsessed with computer games was today jailed for life.
Sixty-two-year-old Malcolm Palmer used a lock knife and a steak knife to repeatedly stab Carol Cannom in front of their 10-year-old son at their Long Sutton home.
Lincoln Crown Court heard how 46-year-old Carol Cannom became hooked on her son's PlayStation console, and would often play on it until the early hours of the morning.
Palmer became convinced that Carol Cannom was having an affair, and he stabbed her after she asked him to move out. He inflicted 20 wounds to her chest, and their son dialled 999.
You may also want to watch:
Palmer, of Windsor Gardens, Long Sutton, had admitted murdering Miss Cannom on November 19 last year.
Det Insp Phil Denison of Lincolnshire police said: "There was no doubt of Mr Palmer's guilt in killing his partner, but there are no winners in this case - the children are now faced with the double tragedy of effectively loosing both their parents.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 5 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal