LONG SUTTON: Butterfly park named best large visitor attraction in Lincolnshire at Tourism Oscars
LONG Sutton Butterfly and Wildlife Park has been named the best large visitor attraction in Lincolnshire for 2008, at the county s Tourism Oscars. The park staved off competition from a number of large attractions across Lincolnshire to pick up the county
LONG Sutton Butterfly and Wildlife Park has been named the best large visitor attraction in Lincolnshire for 2008, at the county's Tourism Oscars.
The park staved off competition from a number of large attractions across Lincolnshire to pick up the county's Tourism 2008 STAR Award.
Director Michael Crosse, said: "I think the awards will have a tremendous boost to our team at the Butterfly and Wildlife Park.
"The Park has done a huge amount of work and we've had a lot of commitment from all of the team."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Crosse took over the butterfly park last year, after his tourist attraction in London which was home to thousands of butterflies and birds was closed down.
The park is also home to birds of prey, outdoor animals and one of the largest tropical gardens in the country.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
Of the award, Mr Crosse added: "The STAR awards are a big boost to all the shortlisted businesses. We are receiving recognition for all our hard work.
"People are worried in the current economic climate, but the STAR awards supports us by saying 'whatever you're doing, you're doing it very well'.
"Our award win will filter down to our suppliers because they have contributed to our success. Our STAR award will be a boost to a lot of people."
The awards took place on Friday, and were presented Peter White, disability affairs correspondent for the BBC.
Sarah Gravelle, quality manager for Lincolnshire Tourism, said: "The awards are the glamorous part of the county's tourism industry - behind the scenes are years of tireless work. It's a commitment to their visitors which makes them go an extra mile.