Long Sutton branch of TSB inviting nominations as it looks for local charity to support this year
- Credit: Sarah Allison
A bank in Long Sutton is looking for a charity to get behind this year.
Over the coming weeks, members of the public will be able to nominate charities and social enterprises, which they believe should benefit from regular fund-raising activity.
The chosen charity will receive a £100 donation from TSB to kick-start the partnership. Then, events will be held throughout the year in aid of the cause.
Nominations can be made by completing a form in the branch and must be submitted by March 6.
Those that meet the eligibility criteria will then be entered into a random draw, with the winner announced on March 10.
You may also want to watch:
Graham Edge, branch manager for TSB in Long Sutton, said: “I’m delighted to be able to launch TSB’s new Local Charity Partner initiative in Long Sutton, aimed at helping local people and local economies.
“There’s some fantastic work carried out in our community and the team here is really looking forward to supporting a local cause with their fundraising and volunteering activity.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
“All nominations are welcome so we’d urge customers, charities and community enterprises in Long Sutton to pop in over the coming weeks and make sure their chosen cause is included in the running to be our first charity partner.”