Long Sutton branch of TSB inviting nominations as it looks for local charity to support this year
- Credit: Sarah Allison
A bank in Long Sutton is looking for a charity to get behind this year.
Over the coming weeks, members of the public will be able to nominate charities and social enterprises, which they believe should benefit from regular fund-raising activity.
The chosen charity will receive a £100 donation from TSB to kick-start the partnership. Then, events will be held throughout the year in aid of the cause.
Nominations can be made by completing a form in the branch and must be submitted by March 6.
Those that meet the eligibility criteria will then be entered into a random draw, with the winner announced on March 10.
You may also want to watch:
Graham Edge, branch manager for TSB in Long Sutton, said: “I’m delighted to be able to launch TSB’s new Local Charity Partner initiative in Long Sutton, aimed at helping local people and local economies.
“There’s some fantastic work carried out in our community and the team here is really looking forward to supporting a local cause with their fundraising and volunteering activity.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 5 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 8 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 9 Family of man who died at quarry plead with people not to swim
- 10 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour
“All nominations are welcome so we’d urge customers, charities and community enterprises in Long Sutton to pop in over the coming weeks and make sure their chosen cause is included in the running to be our first charity partner.”