Long Sutton branch of TSB inviting nominations as it looks for local charity to support this year
- Credit: Sarah Allison
A bank in Long Sutton is looking for a charity to get behind this year.
Over the coming weeks, members of the public will be able to nominate charities and social enterprises, which they believe should benefit from regular fund-raising activity.
The chosen charity will receive a £100 donation from TSB to kick-start the partnership. Then, events will be held throughout the year in aid of the cause.
Nominations can be made by completing a form in the branch and must be submitted by March 6.
Those that meet the eligibility criteria will then be entered into a random draw, with the winner announced on March 10.
You may also want to watch:
Graham Edge, branch manager for TSB in Long Sutton, said: “I’m delighted to be able to launch TSB’s new Local Charity Partner initiative in Long Sutton, aimed at helping local people and local economies.
“There’s some fantastic work carried out in our community and the team here is really looking forward to supporting a local cause with their fundraising and volunteering activity.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 9 Historic building owners urged to use grant scheme before it’s too late
“All nominations are welcome so we’d urge customers, charities and community enterprises in Long Sutton to pop in over the coming weeks and make sure their chosen cause is included in the running to be our first charity partner.”