Two taken to hospital after collision involving lorry and van that has blocked A47 between Wisbech and Guyhirn
- Credit: Archant
Two people were taken to hospital after a collision between an HGV and a van that has closed the A47 between Wisbech and Guyhirn.
Highways officials are recommending diversions during the busy morning commuter rush whilst investigations continue.
Cambs fire and rescue said two casualties were taken to hospital following the crash that happened just before midnight.
“Two crews from March were called at 11.55pm and released one casualty, another was already out,” said a fire service spokesman.
“Both were taken to hospital by ambulance”
You may also want to watch:
Drivers have been warned the road will remain closed until later this morning.
The recommended diversion will take motorists out on the A141 towards Chatteris and then to Ely before picking up the A10 to head north towards King’s Lynn.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
Those travelling in the opposite direction are being urged to head along the A1101 to Outwell, out to the A10 and onto Ely before heading back through Chatteris and along the A141 to Ring’s End.