Two taken to hospital after collision involving lorry and van that has blocked A47 between Wisbech and Guyhirn
- Credit: Archant
Two people were taken to hospital after a collision between an HGV and a van that has closed the A47 between Wisbech and Guyhirn.
Highways officials are recommending diversions during the busy morning commuter rush whilst investigations continue.
Cambs fire and rescue said two casualties were taken to hospital following the crash that happened just before midnight.
“Two crews from March were called at 11.55pm and released one casualty, another was already out,” said a fire service spokesman.
“Both were taken to hospital by ambulance”
You may also want to watch:
Drivers have been warned the road will remain closed until later this morning.
The recommended diversion will take motorists out on the A141 towards Chatteris and then to Ely before picking up the A10 to head north towards King’s Lynn.
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 7 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 8 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 9 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 10 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
Those travelling in the opposite direction are being urged to head along the A1101 to Outwell, out to the A10 and onto Ely before heading back through Chatteris and along the A141 to Ring’s End.