Local history society to hold meeting and talk with guest speaker
- Credit: Archant
The John Peck Society is to hold its annual general meeting at Parson Drove Village Hall this month.
The event will be held on Tuesday April 19 from 7.30pm.
It will be followed by a talk from Chris Coates, who will speak about the Coates family seed business and farming in the area.
Non members are also welcome.
The society is a history group that is supported by local residents and many others from surrounding villages and towns who are interested in local history.
You may also want to watch:
The management committee meet on a regular basis when they organise the summer outing for a visit to a local historical place.
The society is dedicated to the memory of Jim Roberts, of Parson Drove, whose enthusiasm and encouragement in the early days helped so much, and who would have loved to have seen this completed, say the society.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
Entry to the April AGM and talk costs £3 per person and refreshments are included.