Local history society to hold meeting and talk with guest speaker
- Credit: Archant
The John Peck Society is to hold its annual general meeting at Parson Drove Village Hall this month.
The event will be held on Tuesday April 19 from 7.30pm.
It will be followed by a talk from Chris Coates, who will speak about the Coates family seed business and farming in the area.
Non members are also welcome.
The society is a history group that is supported by local residents and many others from surrounding villages and towns who are interested in local history.
You may also want to watch:
The management committee meet on a regular basis when they organise the summer outing for a visit to a local historical place.
The society is dedicated to the memory of Jim Roberts, of Parson Drove, whose enthusiasm and encouragement in the early days helped so much, and who would have loved to have seen this completed, say the society.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
Entry to the April AGM and talk costs £3 per person and refreshments are included.