Local history society to hold meeting and talk with guest speaker
- Credit: Archant
The John Peck Society is to hold its annual general meeting at Parson Drove Village Hall this month.
The event will be held on Tuesday April 19 from 7.30pm.
It will be followed by a talk from Chris Coates, who will speak about the Coates family seed business and farming in the area.
Non members are also welcome.
The society is a history group that is supported by local residents and many others from surrounding villages and towns who are interested in local history.
You may also want to watch:
The management committee meet on a regular basis when they organise the summer outing for a visit to a local historical place.
The society is dedicated to the memory of Jim Roberts, of Parson Drove, whose enthusiasm and encouragement in the early days helped so much, and who would have loved to have seen this completed, say the society.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 9 Historic building owners urged to use grant scheme before it’s too late
Entry to the April AGM and talk costs £3 per person and refreshments are included.