Local history society to hold meeting and talk with guest speaker
- Credit: Archant
The John Peck Society is to hold its annual general meeting at Parson Drove Village Hall this month.
The event will be held on Tuesday April 19 from 7.30pm.
It will be followed by a talk from Chris Coates, who will speak about the Coates family seed business and farming in the area.
Non members are also welcome.
The society is a history group that is supported by local residents and many others from surrounding villages and towns who are interested in local history.
You may also want to watch:
The management committee meet on a regular basis when they organise the summer outing for a visit to a local historical place.
The society is dedicated to the memory of Jim Roberts, of Parson Drove, whose enthusiasm and encouragement in the early days helped so much, and who would have loved to have seen this completed, say the society.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 9 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
Entry to the April AGM and talk costs £3 per person and refreshments are included.