Village hall expands after £198,000 grant
- Credit: Archant
Gorefield community hall and sports pavilion is set to stage its official reopening after receiving contributions from a fund set up by the county council.
It was funded by £198,000 from the council and the hall committee raised a further £60,000.
It will enable the village to stage community functions and bookings, including the expansion of their youth club.
The hall was first opened in 2013 and has been a popular and well used space ever since.
Due to its success, expansion plans were drawn up so that the centre could offer additional and flexible space.
Throughout 2020 the Gorefield hall project was one of 35 community-led projects across the county which received funding from the communities capital fund.
The £5million fund supported a range of projects.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 4 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 7 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 8 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 9 Travel firm to send our special Covid carers on a 'thank you' holiday
- 10 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
Cllr Tom Sanderson, chair of the communities, social mobility and inclusion committee, said: “The communities capital fund has been incredibly successful, having provided funding for many community-based projects across the county.”