Evening of llama learning for Wisbech Women’s Circle
Fifteen members of the Wisbech Women’s Circle travelled the short distance to Faster Lente Llamas on to learn all about llamas.
After initial welcomes, pastries and refreshments were enjoyed in the evening sunshine and it was time to head off for a tour of the four-acres of paddocks housing the eight llamas within the Faster Lente herd.
The visitors were avid listeners as Tina Gambell, owner, ran through a series of interesting character traits and personality differences.
She spoke about llama origins and types, natural threats and how to observe body language to enable the ladies to appreciate the llamas.
Each lady had the opportunity to hand feed treats, stroke and have photographs taken with the llamas. Then it was back to the marquee which was covered in fairy lights and refreshments were provided.
You may also want to watch:
Diane Goodrum, secretary treasurer, said “We’ve had the most splendid time and we have gone away with lots of extra knowledge about llamas.”
The visit took place at Faster Lente Llamas, Walton Road, Wisbech on Tuesday July 24.
- 1 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'