Wisbech dancers take a musical medley to the stage at Thomas Clarkson Academy
- Credit: Archant
A medley of music and dancing comes to Wisbech with a dance school that is showcasing its talent.
Around 100 students from the age of three to adult have been busy rehearsing for the show at the Thomas Clarkson Academy.
Laura-Jayne Shippey, who runs LJ Dance School at the Academy, said: “Students have worked really hard for this.
“There are 21 different songs in there from ballet to street dance and musical theatre from Oliver.
“It’s our fifth dance show and rehearsals have been going on since before the summer.”
You may also want to watch:
Laura-Jayne has been dancing and performing since the age of three. She decided to look at teaching as a career and trained at The College of West Anglia, gaining a triple distinction in dance and musical theatre.
She has performed in amateur and professional shows and musicals ranging from things like Carousel and Peter Pan to more modern shows like Boogie Nights, Spring Awakening and Our House.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 3 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
• LJ Dance school is held on Monday to Thursdays during term time at TCA. Visit her website for details.