Wisbech dancers take a musical medley to the stage at Thomas Clarkson Academy
- Credit: Archant
A medley of music and dancing comes to Wisbech with a dance school that is showcasing its talent.
Around 100 students from the age of three to adult have been busy rehearsing for the show at the Thomas Clarkson Academy.
Laura-Jayne Shippey, who runs LJ Dance School at the Academy, said: “Students have worked really hard for this.
“There are 21 different songs in there from ballet to street dance and musical theatre from Oliver.
“It’s our fifth dance show and rehearsals have been going on since before the summer.”
You may also want to watch:
Laura-Jayne has been dancing and performing since the age of three. She decided to look at teaching as a career and trained at The College of West Anglia, gaining a triple distinction in dance and musical theatre.
She has performed in amateur and professional shows and musicals ranging from things like Carousel and Peter Pan to more modern shows like Boogie Nights, Spring Awakening and Our House.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
• LJ Dance school is held on Monday to Thursdays during term time at TCA. Visit her website for details.