Woman, 18, dies in A47 crash between bus and a car
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old woman from Littleport died - and seven people were taken to hospital - following a crash between a car and a bus on the A47 near Wisbech last night (May 19).
The woman who died was the driver of a white Volkswagen Polo that was involved in a collision with a Scania double-decker bus.
It happened at about 9.20pm between Wisbech and Guyhirn.
A police spokesman said two passengers from the car, an 18-year-old woman and a 25-year-old man, were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, in King’s Lynn, with serious injuries.
Cambs fire and rescue said they used specialist cutting equipment to release seven casualties “who were left in the care of ambulance crews, four were taken to hospital”.
Police say the bus driver, a 37-year-old woman, was not among those taken to hospital.
“An investigation is ongoing and no arrests have been made,” said a police spokesperson.
Anyone who witnessed the crash or who has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to it should contact police via our web chat function https://bit.ly/3vsiYDw, online forms www.cambs.police.uk/report or by calling 101, quoting incident 523 of 19 May.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 6 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 7 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 8 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 9 Father accused of baby murder blamed car seat for bruise
- 10 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
Officers are also appealing for anyone who was a passenger on the bus and did not provide their details at the scene, to please get in touch via the above methods.