Woman, 18, dies in A47 crash between bus and a car
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old woman from Littleport died - and seven people were taken to hospital - following a crash between a car and a bus on the A47 near Wisbech last night (May 19).
The woman who died was the driver of a white Volkswagen Polo that was involved in a collision with a Scania double-decker bus.
It happened at about 9.20pm between Wisbech and Guyhirn.
A police spokesman said two passengers from the car, an 18-year-old woman and a 25-year-old man, were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, in King’s Lynn, with serious injuries.
Cambs fire and rescue said they used specialist cutting equipment to release seven casualties “who were left in the care of ambulance crews, four were taken to hospital”.
Police say the bus driver, a 37-year-old woman, was not among those taken to hospital.
“An investigation is ongoing and no arrests have been made,” said a police spokesperson.
Anyone who witnessed the crash or who has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to it should contact police via our web chat function https://bit.ly/3vsiYDw, online forms www.cambs.police.uk/report or by calling 101, quoting incident 523 of 19 May.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 5 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 8 OPINION: Jettison inertia and save money
- 9 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 10 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
Officers are also appealing for anyone who was a passenger on the bus and did not provide their details at the scene, to please get in touch via the above methods.