Little Owls Daycare in Wisbech rated as “outstanding” by Ofsted
- Credit: Archant
A nursery school has been recognised as “outstanding” in every department following an Ofsted inspection.
Little Owls Daycare, at The Nene Infant and Nursery School in Wisbech, was praised for the quality of its teaching and the imaginative range of activities on offer for its children.
Inspector Jacqueline Baker said: “The standard of teaching is outstanding. Staff demonstrate their first-rate skills as they play alongside children and extend learning at every possible opportunity.
“As a result, children make excellent and sometimes rapid progress towards the early learning goals.
“Staff plan a wide range of imaginative and highly stimulating activities that helps children to develop new skills and build on what they already know.
You may also want to watch:
“This promotes a natural curiosity and love for learning which will support them well as they progress onto school.”
The staff build up a strong relationship with the children which helps them to feel settled, the inspector said.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 4 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
She said: “Children are extremely happy and well settled in the setting. This is because staff demonstrate a genuine understanding of children’s backgrounds and work tirelessly to ensure that each one is emotionally well supported.”
The nursery’s management were also signalled out by the inspector for their enthusiasm and passion.
She said: “Managers and staff alike, demonstrate an excellent enthusiasm and passion for their work.
“They have a genuine interest for children’s welfare and are especially vigilant to ensure children are safeguarded both in the setting and in the community.”
Little Owls Day Care is part of The Federation of Nene Infant and Nursery School and Ramnoth Junior School.
Executive principal Karen Crawley said: “I am delighted that Ofsted has recognised our unfaltering commitment to the families and children of Wisbech.”