Lithuanian teenager, 18, appears in court at Cambridge accused of murder following stabbing of fellow Lithuanian in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year old Lithuanian man has been charged with murder after a stabbing in Wisbech.
Sarunas Maciulis was arrested on Tuesday afternoon following the incident the night before.
The charge was changed to murder after the death in hospital earlier today of fellow Lithuanian Marius Micevicius, 32, of Churchill Road, Wisbech.
Police were called to the house in Churchill Road just after 5pm on Monday and an air ambulance took Mr Micevicius to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn. It was later revealed he had suffered life-threatening stab wounds to his stomach.
He died at about 3.30am today in the QE hospital.
Throughout Monday police cordoned off the house and for a time banned traffic along the nearby A1101.
On Wednesday, as it became clear the condition of Mr Micevicius had worsened, further forensic work was carried out at the house.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 4 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 7 OPINION: Jettison inertia and save money
- 8 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
Detective Inspector Dave Murphy said: “We are treating this as an isolated incident as we believe the offender and the victim were known to one another.”
He said the incident occurred following an apparent dispute between the two men.
Maciulis appeared at Cambridge Crown Court today and was remanded.
Police say they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the stabbing.