Lithuanian teenager, 18, appears in court at Cambridge accused of murder following stabbing of fellow Lithuanian in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year old Lithuanian man has been charged with murder after a stabbing in Wisbech.
Sarunas Maciulis was arrested on Tuesday afternoon following the incident the night before.
The charge was changed to murder after the death in hospital earlier today of fellow Lithuanian Marius Micevicius, 32, of Churchill Road, Wisbech.
Police were called to the house in Churchill Road just after 5pm on Monday and an air ambulance took Mr Micevicius to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn. It was later revealed he had suffered life-threatening stab wounds to his stomach.
He died at about 3.30am today in the QE hospital.
Throughout Monday police cordoned off the house and for a time banned traffic along the nearby A1101.
On Wednesday, as it became clear the condition of Mr Micevicius had worsened, further forensic work was carried out at the house.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 3 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 6 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
Detective Inspector Dave Murphy said: “We are treating this as an isolated incident as we believe the offender and the victim were known to one another.”
He said the incident occurred following an apparent dispute between the two men.
Maciulis appeared at Cambridge Crown Court today and was remanded.
Police say they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the stabbing.