Lions club go bonkers for conkers at annual contest - and award Jacob with money to buy an iPad
- Credit: Archant
Members of Wisbech Lions Club went bonkers for conkers for an annual competition on Friday October 6.
Before the start, though, club members presented a cheque to Jacob Moore, so he can buy a new iPad and cover to help him communicate.
Bill Battrick, of the club, said: “He is a pleasure to be around and we know both he and his mum enjoyed the evening.
“We had a fantastic evening with excellent food, great company from Lions and friends.
“The photos really speak for themselves. Everyone appears to have had a lovely evening with 34 raffle prizes being taken home as well. Bonkers for Conkers was a great success.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a cracking night and we look forward to doing it again next year.
“We would like to congratulate all the winners and thank all 72 people for coming along including district governor Derek, Peterborough Zone chairman Bill, Littleport zone chairman Don and teams from King’s Lynn, Hunstanton, March, Whittlesey and Wisbech.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 5 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
“Other competitors came from Glennfield Care Home, The Stingers and The Hurrells.”
The winners were: Ladies - Jane Scott (Hunstanton), Junior - George Martin (March), Mens - Rob Grey (Wisbech), Team - Hurrell (non Lions) and Hunstanton Lions.