Lions club go bonkers for conkers at annual contest - and award Jacob with money to buy an iPad
- Credit: Archant
Members of Wisbech Lions Club went bonkers for conkers for an annual competition on Friday October 6.
Before the start, though, club members presented a cheque to Jacob Moore, so he can buy a new iPad and cover to help him communicate.
Bill Battrick, of the club, said: “He is a pleasure to be around and we know both he and his mum enjoyed the evening.
“We had a fantastic evening with excellent food, great company from Lions and friends.
“The photos really speak for themselves. Everyone appears to have had a lovely evening with 34 raffle prizes being taken home as well. Bonkers for Conkers was a great success.
“It was a cracking night and we look forward to doing it again next year.
“We would like to congratulate all the winners and thank all 72 people for coming along including district governor Derek, Peterborough Zone chairman Bill, Littleport zone chairman Don and teams from King’s Lynn, Hunstanton, March, Whittlesey and Wisbech.
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Elderly man scares off would-be burglar
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 7 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 8 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 9 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 10 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
“Other competitors came from Glennfield Care Home, The Stingers and The Hurrells.”
The winners were: Ladies - Jane Scott (Hunstanton), Junior - George Martin (March), Mens - Rob Grey (Wisbech), Team - Hurrell (non Lions) and Hunstanton Lions.