Green Team volunteers transform communal outdoor space at Lime Avenue in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers who teamed up to improve the communal outdoor space at Lime Avenue, Wisbech, have completed another stage of the regeneration works.
The Green Team, made up of local people who are currently unemployed, is a voluntary project run by community charity Groundwork Cambridgeshire & Peterborough. It is funded by Clarion Futures, the charitable foundation of Clarion Housing Group.
Over 14 weeks, the volunteers created a raised bed area and a new seating area, so the residents can enjoy their community garden again.
The team have also been awarded qualifications to help boost their job prospects: City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Practical Horticulture and training towards a CSCS card.
Andrea Finbow, employment and community project supervisor for Groundwork Cambridgeshire & Peterborough, said: “The team have worked with such dedication and commitment, which has resulted in the area looking great.
You may also want to watch:
“There is now a space for residents to use and be proud of, and the team will revel in seeing their work being enjoyed.”
Matt Parsonage, head of communities at Clarion Futures, added: “The Green Team has done a fantastic job with the community garden and I’d like to thank them for all their hard work.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare