Life’s a beach! Dozens enjoy the glorious sunshine at WisBEACH Day
- Credit: Archant
All the sights and smells of the seaside came to Wisbech last weekend thanks to WisBEACH Day.
The Market Place in the town centre was transformed into a fully-functioning beach with real sand, donkey rides, a fairground, face painting, Punch and Judy, a beach bar, and sticks of rock on Sunday (June 4).
The March Brass band also performed, there was a whole host of stalls and the new Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Steve Tierney, was even placed in the stocks for a soaking from the public.
Those in attendance took to Facebook to share their experiences of the day, with one saying: “Well done to the organisers of the event.
“It was our first visit and it was clearly well organised, affordable and well thought out.
You may also want to watch:
“It was so lovely to see many local families enjoying a fab day out and an added bonus was the glorious sunshine. Thank you to all.”
The event was organised by Wisbech Town Council.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 10 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants