Life’s a beach! Dozens enjoy the glorious sunshine at WisBEACH Day
- Credit: Archant
All the sights and smells of the seaside came to Wisbech last weekend thanks to WisBEACH Day.
The Market Place in the town centre was transformed into a fully-functioning beach with real sand, donkey rides, a fairground, face painting, Punch and Judy, a beach bar, and sticks of rock on Sunday (June 4).
The March Brass band also performed, there was a whole host of stalls and the new Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Steve Tierney, was even placed in the stocks for a soaking from the public.
Those in attendance took to Facebook to share their experiences of the day, with one saying: “Well done to the organisers of the event.
“It was our first visit and it was clearly well organised, affordable and well thought out.
You may also want to watch:
“It was so lovely to see many local families enjoying a fab day out and an added bonus was the glorious sunshine. Thank you to all.”
The event was organised by Wisbech Town Council.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide