Life’s a beach! Dozens enjoy the glorious sunshine at WisBEACH Day
- Credit: Archant
All the sights and smells of the seaside came to Wisbech last weekend thanks to WisBEACH Day.
The Market Place in the town centre was transformed into a fully-functioning beach with real sand, donkey rides, a fairground, face painting, Punch and Judy, a beach bar, and sticks of rock on Sunday (June 4).
The March Brass band also performed, there was a whole host of stalls and the new Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Steve Tierney, was even placed in the stocks for a soaking from the public.
Those in attendance took to Facebook to share their experiences of the day, with one saying: “Well done to the organisers of the event.
“It was our first visit and it was clearly well organised, affordable and well thought out.
You may also want to watch:
“It was so lovely to see many local families enjoying a fab day out and an added bonus was the glorious sunshine. Thank you to all.”
The event was organised by Wisbech Town Council.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 8 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka