Leverington Primary School rated as outstanding after Ofsted inspection
STAFF and pupils at Leverington Primary School are celebrating after education watchdogs said they were outstanding . Ofsted inspectors said all 187 pupils at Leverington Primary, were encouraged and inspired to do their best. The school is led and mana
STAFF and pupils at Leverington Primary School are celebrating after education watchdogs said they were "outstanding".
Ofsted inspectors said all 187 pupils at Leverington Primary, were encouraged and inspired to do their best.
"The school is led and managed exceptionally well, with vision and enthusiasm, so that team work flourishes and pupils thrive," their report concluded.
"The headteacher and leadership team are highly effective in harnessing the energy and enthusiasm of staff, governors, parents and pupils to drive improvement.
You may also want to watch:
"The school has an exceptionally strong partnership with parents and carers. It listens to their views and works with them to support children's learning."
Teaching is thoroughly-planned and challenges pupils of all abilities, the inspectors noted. They said the school offered a "rich curriculum", that laid strong foundations in literacy and numeracy.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
Pupils' behaviour is "exemplary", which creates an "excellent environment" for learning, adds the Ofsted report, which is due to be published today. It said pupils take great pride in their school and enjoy learning.
Headteacher Rosie Simmonds said: "We are so proud that this outstanding report reflects the continuous hard work and effort of the whole school community at Leverington.
"I wish to thank everyone for their dedication and commitment to Leverington Community Primary School.