Leverington Primary School rated as outstanding after Ofsted inspection
STAFF and pupils at Leverington Primary School are celebrating after education watchdogs said they were outstanding . Ofsted inspectors said all 187 pupils at Leverington Primary, were encouraged and inspired to do their best. The school is led and mana
STAFF and pupils at Leverington Primary School are celebrating after education watchdogs said they were "outstanding".
Ofsted inspectors said all 187 pupils at Leverington Primary, were encouraged and inspired to do their best.
"The school is led and managed exceptionally well, with vision and enthusiasm, so that team work flourishes and pupils thrive," their report concluded.
"The headteacher and leadership team are highly effective in harnessing the energy and enthusiasm of staff, governors, parents and pupils to drive improvement.
You may also want to watch:
"The school has an exceptionally strong partnership with parents and carers. It listens to their views and works with them to support children's learning."
Teaching is thoroughly-planned and challenges pupils of all abilities, the inspectors noted. They said the school offered a "rich curriculum", that laid strong foundations in literacy and numeracy.
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 History of family-run car firm revealed in new autobiography
Pupils' behaviour is "exemplary", which creates an "excellent environment" for learning, adds the Ofsted report, which is due to be published today. It said pupils take great pride in their school and enjoy learning.
Headteacher Rosie Simmonds said: "We are so proud that this outstanding report reflects the continuous hard work and effort of the whole school community at Leverington.
"I wish to thank everyone for their dedication and commitment to Leverington Community Primary School.