Leverington Common closed as fallen tree branch blocks road
THE B1166 Leverington Common is today closed to traffic because it is blocked by a fallen tree branch.
Both carriageways are blocked by the branch, forcing motorists, lorries and busses to find an alternative route to complete journeys.
Wisbech Standard photographer Brian Purdy said, who took this picture of the fallen branch, said: “The branch had fallen across the road near to Else’s store.
“Traffic had to turn round into a small roadway, there was no way anything could get past.”
A Cambridgeshire County Council spokesman said the road is likely to be closed for a couple of hours more.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Tree surgeons are on their way to clear the branch.”
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured