Leverington Common closed as fallen tree branch blocks road
THE B1166 Leverington Common is today closed to traffic because it is blocked by a fallen tree branch.
Both carriageways are blocked by the branch, forcing motorists, lorries and busses to find an alternative route to complete journeys.
Wisbech Standard photographer Brian Purdy said, who took this picture of the fallen branch, said: “The branch had fallen across the road near to Else’s store.
“Traffic had to turn round into a small roadway, there was no way anything could get past.”
A Cambridgeshire County Council spokesman said the road is likely to be closed for a couple of hours more.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Tree surgeons are on their way to clear the branch.”
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 6 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter