Leverington Common closed as fallen tree branch blocks road
THE B1166 Leverington Common is today closed to traffic because it is blocked by a fallen tree branch.
Both carriageways are blocked by the branch, forcing motorists, lorries and busses to find an alternative route to complete journeys.
Wisbech Standard photographer Brian Purdy said, who took this picture of the fallen branch, said: “The branch had fallen across the road near to Else’s store.
“Traffic had to turn round into a small roadway, there was no way anything could get past.”
A Cambridgeshire County Council spokesman said the road is likely to be closed for a couple of hours more.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Tree surgeons are on their way to clear the branch.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Emporium takes business to next level
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink