Leverington Common closed as fallen tree branch blocks road
THE B1166 Leverington Common is today closed to traffic because it is blocked by a fallen tree branch.
Both carriageways are blocked by the branch, forcing motorists, lorries and busses to find an alternative route to complete journeys.
Wisbech Standard photographer Brian Purdy said, who took this picture of the fallen branch, said: “The branch had fallen across the road near to Else’s store.
“Traffic had to turn round into a small roadway, there was no way anything could get past.”
A Cambridgeshire County Council spokesman said the road is likely to be closed for a couple of hours more.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Tree surgeons are on their way to clear the branch.”
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online