LEVERINGTON: About �20,000 of sheds and swimming pool supplies stolen in raid at Barretts Leisure
SHEDS, a summerhouse, a hot tub and swimming pool supplies worth in the region of �20,000 were stolen in a late-night raid from a Fenland business. I could be screwed, said a devastated Tony Matthew, owner of Swimming Pool and Spa Supplies, hours after
EXCLUSIVE by: TOM JACKSON
SHEDS, a summerhouse, a hot tub and swimming pool supplies worth a total of �20,000 were stolen in a night-time raid from two Fenland businesses.
“All my paperwork, receipts and bank statements were also stolen,” said the owner, Tony Matthew. “I might have to close the business as a result.”
Mr Matthew runs Swimming Pool and Spa Supplies in the grounds of Barretts Leisure at Leverington Common.
You may also want to watch:
He estimates �15,000 worth of stock was stolen including a �6,000 hot tub, swimming pool cleaning kits worth �2,500, puncture repair kits and a Dell computer.
“The thieves certainly knew what they were doing,” he said. “The hot tub was filled with water because it’s a show piece, but it’s been emptied and carried off the site.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 6 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 9 Hospital launches new initiative to help patients sleep better
- 10 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
“They also tried to steal a second tub; it was half empty. I think they may have been disturbed.”
About �5,000 worth of stock was stolen from the Barretts side of the business, run for the last 40 years by Roy Hardiment.
Thieves struck at about 10.30pm on Tuesday and managed to steal the stock by carrying the sheds through walkways. Damage was caused to the garage which housed the hot tub and Mr Matthew’s shop was ransacked.
CCTV images from a nearby home caught a flatbed lorry driving away from the site, carrying sheds.
The goods stolen from Mr Matthew’s shop carry his own brands – Pool Magic and Sparkling Spa.
Mr Matthew said: “If anyone is offered goods carrying these names please contact me or police.”
Police have appealed for the public’s help in tracing the thieves.
CONTACT: Police on 0845 456 4564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. Alternatively, call Barretts Leisure on 01945 410673.