Jail for Wisbech man caught with knife and tools after police officer saw him acting suspiciously
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech man who was wanted for criminal damage and causing actual bodily harm was caught with a knife and tools after he was seen acting suspiciously by a plain-clothed officer.
The officer saw Lee Thompson, 36, hiding something up his sleeve in Wisbech on May 16 and followed him to an abandoned car in Townsend Road.
Thompson, of Napier Court, Wisbech, was challenged and arrested after the officer found tools and a knife on him.
He was also wanted on warrant for failing to appear at Cambridge Crown Court earlier this year for criminal damage, causing actual bodily harm and two counts of failing to appear at a probation appointment.
He admitted all the charges on the warrant, as well as possession of a bladed article and vehicle interference in relation to the May 16 offences.
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced to a year and eight weeks in jail at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on Monday (June 18).
PC Peter Waite said: “Thompson thought he could get away with his crimes but, unfortunately for him, one of our officers was alert enough to ensure he didn’t.”
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police