Jail for Wisbech man caught with knife and tools after police officer saw him acting suspiciously
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech man who was wanted for criminal damage and causing actual bodily harm was caught with a knife and tools after he was seen acting suspiciously by a plain-clothed officer.
The officer saw Lee Thompson, 36, hiding something up his sleeve in Wisbech on May 16 and followed him to an abandoned car in Townsend Road.
Thompson, of Napier Court, Wisbech, was challenged and arrested after the officer found tools and a knife on him.
He was also wanted on warrant for failing to appear at Cambridge Crown Court earlier this year for criminal damage, causing actual bodily harm and two counts of failing to appear at a probation appointment.
He admitted all the charges on the warrant, as well as possession of a bladed article and vehicle interference in relation to the May 16 offences.
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced to a year and eight weeks in jail at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on Monday (June 18).
PC Peter Waite said: “Thompson thought he could get away with his crimes but, unfortunately for him, one of our officers was alert enough to ensure he didn’t.”
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 4 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 7 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash